Newest updated revision 2.1
The SER-2020 is a monophonic semi-modular analog synthesizer in desktop format and it has an formant filter section and made with a semi-modular setup and therefore compatible with eurorack modules. A truly unique synthesizer with a distinctive sound. Above all it’s based on the sonically remarkable Synton Syrinx*(1). For example the Syrinnx was used by Aphex Twin, Air and Depeche Mode. The SER-2022 from AnalogFX brings the sound character of this rare beast back!
The oscillator and format filter sections feature are certainly based on CEM3340 (used in SCI Prophet 5 etc.) chips and CEM3350 (Rhodes Chroma, Crumar Spirit) chips, which consequently shape the character of the SER-2020 as well as the flexibility of the filter section. This features a special, very lively and detailed character through various patch options of a 24-dB-Lowpass and two independent resonant peak filters with separate cutoff/resonance controls. The filter section is usable for precise and dynamic sound shaping. The sound is ranging from solid bass sounds to articulated formant effects.
The Touch’n’Bend pad allows you to adjust the pressure sensitivity of the VCO, VCF and VCA, among other things. MPE control of Strike, Press, Glide, Slide and Lift is also supported.
- 2 VCO’s (CEM3340 based)
- 1 Sub-Oscillator
- Ring Modulator
- Noise Generator
- Audio Mixer
- Multi-Mode Sync & Sync D-Tune
- 3 VCF’s (CEM3350 based)
- 2 ADSR’s
- 2 LFO’s with Reset & Shaper Modes
- Multiple Triggering
- Touch ‘N Bend Pad with Bend Assign
- Sample and Hold
- Semi Modular Setup – CV inputs and outputs
- Signal and Headphone output.
- ARP controllable by MIDI
- MIDI interface
- USB MIDI interface
- MPE compatible – Sensitive for; Strike (note-on velocity), Press (aftertouch), Glide (pitch bend), Slide (brightness) and Lift (note-of velocity).
(1) Synton is not related to AnalogFX, the name Syrinx is used to type the sound of Synthesizer.