The SER-2020 is a monophonic semi-modular analog synthesizer with an formant filter section, designed to use as standalone synthesizer or in combination with Eurorack modules. Inspired on the Synton Syrinx *(1) added the flexibility with an patch-bay. Its filter design features a combination of a 24dB/octave VC Low Pass Filter, and two independent Resonant VC Peak Filters for precise and dynamic sound shaping. The sound is ranging from solid bass sounds to articulated formant effects. Other features on the SER-2020 are the Touch ‘N Bend Control and together with the MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) capabilities makes the SER-2020 a special instrument which response to its player. The flexible routing makes the SER-2020 a versatile machine for sound effects.
- 2 VCO’s (CEM3340 based)
- 1 Sub-Oscillator
- Ring Modulator
- Noise Generator
- Audio Mixer
- Multi-Mode Sync & Sync D-Tune
- 3 VCF’s (CEM3350 based)
- 2 ADSR’s
- 2 LFO’s with Reset & Shaper Modes
- Multiple Triggering
- Touch ‘N Bend Pad with Bend Assign
- Sample and Hold
- Semi Modular Setup – CV inputs and outputs
- Signal and Headphone output.
- MIDI interface
- USB MIDI interface
- MPE compatible – Sensitive for; Strike (note-on velocity), Press (aftertouch), Glide (pitch bend), Slide (brightness) and Lift (note-of velocity).
(1) Synton is not related to AnalogFX, the name Syrinx is used to type the sound of Synthesizer.